verse of the day

Thursday 4 August 2011

Death is conquered. [ John 11v 25 ]

I have just heard that my niece who was expecting a baby, has lost it, this morning my wife heard that a resident she cared for has also died. The words we often speak at funerals come to mind,/in the midst of life we are in death/, and so it is.How do we feel about death?,does it fill you with curiosity, dread, fear, I remember hearing,that death was an unnatural act, for when God, made us,we where never meant to die, in Romans 5 v12 we read,/Wherefore , as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin,and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned/. So here we have the cause of death ,but here is the good news ,through Christs death , sin can be forgiven, and the consquences of sin dealt with,all we have to do is trust in Jesus.It was Jesus who declared,I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies,and then he asked,/do you believe this?,well do you?. [ Dear God thank You for Jesus who defeated, sin,death and satan through His death on the cross Amen ]

No comments: