verse of the day

Sunday 7 August 2011

Dont be fooled. [ 1 Samuel 16 v 1 Samuel 16 v 16-

I found myself doing something I know I shouldnt do, judging by appearance,I should know better, but I fell into the old trap of just looking on the outward.Yet I am not the only person who does this,the media are always pushing unto us, the young and the beautiful,and of course people fall for their false and flawed reasoning. It was none other than a prophet called Samuel who made the choice of judging by appearance,and God put him right, Here is what God said,/For the Lord seeth not as man seeth, for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Looketh on the heart [1 Samuel 16 v 7 ] . Just recently the truth of these words struck home to me ,by the terrible killing in Norway, the killer was dressed as a police man, and was very good looking, another good looking young man,battered his ex-girlfriend to death with rock. So let us not be taken in by outward appearances. [Dear God grant us that we may not be fooled by the shallow and flawed, in Jesus name we ask this. Amen ]

No comments: