verse of the day

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Naughty but deadly. [ Romans 6 v 23 ]

There used to be an advert on TV ,that declared naughty but nice, I was reminded of this recently, when at church on Sunday they brought round plates of jam doughtnuts.Now I like them and I could have eaten one,two,three, but I didnt, because I am diabetic, diet controlled, for me to eat doughnuts,or anything that is full of sugar or to much fat,is not only naughty but dangerous. In Hebrews 11v 23-25 we read of Moses, who was a Prince in Egypt, making an important decision, he choose to suffer affliction, with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season. Yes sin can be nice, just like those jam doughnuts, but sin brings consequences that we have to live with, guilt,bondage,destruction, and yes, Hell,it is no good ignoring the consequences, like so many people do, when it comes to sin,there is always a pay day. [Romans 6v 23 ] Moses made an all important choice , he choose Christ ,and because of that choice,he is in Heaven, today why not make the choice to forsake your sin, and trust Jesus as your Saviour. Here is a prayer you can pray./ Dear God forgive my sin,I now forsake them,and accept Jesus as my Saviour. Amen ]

No comments: