verse of the day

Wednesday 23 February 2011

The work of patience. [ Romans 5 v 4-5 tm]

I want to stress something that we need to be reminded of continually,patience, yesterday I asked someone ,what is God teaching me in a certain situation, she replied patience. Every day there are times when we are faced with frustration situations, if one is a driver,you are faced with, a lot of situations which can cause one to be impatient, the traffic lights, the learner drivers, the road works, the slow coaches. If you are a teacher,now there is a calling ,that needs a lot of patience,or if you work with difficult people. Then there is being a parent, my what patience one needs for that task,those little dears, can drive one to distraction. All these and many , many ,more situations, can really test us, causing us to loose it, which does not really help. So I hope you agree with me as regards ,to the need of having patience.The apostle Paul ,who had more than his share of troubles to cope with, wrote the following, /We know how troubles can develop passionate patience in us, and how that patience in turn forges the tempered steel of virtue , keeping us alert for whatever God will do next./[Romans 5 v4-5 tm] [Dear God help me to be patient, and in that patience, work your good will out in my life , in Jesus name. Amen ]

No comments: