verse of the day

Monday 7 February 2011

The brook dried up. [Proverbs 3 v 5 av ]

I was speaking on Elijah the prophet yesterday 1 Kings 17, in this chapter he declares a message of judgement to king Ahab, then he is told to go to the brook Cherith, there he would be supplied by God in a natural and unatural manner. He would have water from the brook ,and would be fed by ravens,but eventually the brook dried up,why? ,the natural explanation would be, because of the drought, but the more imporant explanation would be that God was teaching Him not to trust in the brook, but in God.What are we trusting in today?,has it dried up?,we are not meant to be trusting in our money, our jobs, our friends,or even our families, but in God. If we put our trust in the brook ,dont be surprised if it dries up,so today let us put our trust in God.[ Dear God help me to understand, that I must trust in You, not in myself or any means you bless me with, in Jesus name Amen]

No comments: