verse of the day

Friday 18 February 2011

Abramovich the billionaire[ Luke 12 v 15-21 ]

It is reported that the owner of Chelsea football club is worth more than 11 billion pounds, how much more, one is not sure, we live in the age of billionaires, not millionaires.Im sure many people envy them, as a Christian I have to remind myself ,that my security is in God, I dont know if I have reached the point of being content in want or in plenty[Philippians 4 v11-12 ], I have know the difficult times , and now I am experiencing the not so difficult, I am content with my lot. The whole subject of money, is challenging,we are told that we are the loosers in a big way, if we were to gain the whole world, and yet loose our souls [Matthew 16v26 ]. We are warned of the deceitfulness of riches [Matthew 13 v22 ], and the uncertainty of riches [1 Timothy 6v17],and the love of money being the root of all evil, and what it can do to us.[ 1 Timothy 6 v10] Let us not envy anyone for their material wealth, and let us set our affections on things above, not on things on the earth [ Colossians 3 v2 ][ Dear God help us not to make money an idol, help us not to make it our security,help us not to love it, in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: