verse of the day

Tuesday 8 February 2011

Move on.[ Hebrews 11v 13- 16 ]

Following on with the story of Elijah in 1 Kings 17, from the brook Cherith he is told by God to go to a heathen town, to a widow woman,this woman would sustain him, so Elijah obeyed.The brook had dried up there was not much point in staying there, it had served its purpose, it is an unfortunate trait in the children of God, that they refuse often ,to move on, many of them are sitting at dried up brooks. Today ,Gods word to you is move on, leave that dried up brook, it has served its purpose. As God spoke to Elijah to move on , so God may be speaking to you, to move on, move on to a new place of service, a new place of proving Gods faithfulness. This is called walking by faith,obeying by faith, and as we obey by faith, God will guide, and lead , and provide. Fanny Crosby wrote the following,/All the way my Saviour leads me, what have I to ask beside?. Can I doubt His tender mercy , who through life has been my guide?. Heavenly peace, divinest comfort, here by faith in Him to dwell . For I know whate,er betide me Jesus doeth all things well./[ Dear God grant us grace to leave the dried up brooks,to move on ,in faithful obedience, in Jesus name .Amen ]

No comments: