verse of the day

Tuesday 1 February 2011

Scarey things.[ Hebrews 11]

Many many years ago in my far distant past my wife and I attended a missionary weekend,we felt challenged with the other young people, to give a weeks pay unto the Lord. This was an act of faith by them and by us, as a couple we had no savings, but we did it,it was a bit scarey when I look back on it. I was just thinking ,when was the last time I did something that was a bit scarey.We wrote yesterday of Daivd and Goliath, as David looked back he must have reflected, on what he did, a bit scarey. I am not saying we should act for the sake of it,but we do need to be listening to Gods voice,give occasionally more that we would ordinarily give, even witness to somebody, break out of our set ways.Let us all remember that we belong to another kingdom, a kingdom of different values, different aims,different.Although what we are called to do, may be a bit scarey, dont be afraid, God will not fail us, and in His way He will reward our efforts. [ Dear God grant me the grace to attempt scarey things for you in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: