verse of the day

Sunday 20 February 2011

Ravish our hearts.[ Song of Solomon 5 v16 av ]

It is my anniversary,yes my wife did have to remind me yesterday, at least I have an excuse ,I am a senior citizen, still an anniversary is important, a time to reflect. We take so much for granted, marriage can be like that, the ironing is always done, we men take a lot for granted, but having said that ,hopefully we still love our wives . The christian life is seen as a marriage [Revelation 21 v2 ], and it is in the Song of Solomon that we have a picture ,of the most personal kind ,shown. Love , what is a marriage without love?, a dry husk, an empty show,when it should be so much more. Likewise our marriage to Christ can be one of dryness,no heart emotion, when our dear Saviour met with Peter [John 21] , He asked him three times, the same question, do you love Me Peter?,how many times would He have to ask this question to us ,before He recieved an honest answer?. Love your wife/husband ,as Christ loved the church, but love Him, because He first loved you,like the hymn wrote, /My Jesus I love, I know that Thou art mine, for Thee all the pleasures of sin I resign/.[ My Jesus ,ravish our hearts, do what it takes , to make us wholly yours, Amen ] [ That term ravish is from a poem by John Donne]

No comments: