verse of the day

Friday 14 May 2010

The wishing game. [ Galations 5 v16-26 ]

A person I know said ,I wish that I could win the lottery, of course everyone who does the lottery has this wish. Now I dont gamble, I do remember when I was a boy running to the bookies with bets , and as I grew older I did indulge in gambling, but as a Christian I dont gamble now.I have a fear about gambling ,because I know it is so easy to be sucked into a situation that can destroy one financially.Is it wrong to gamble?what is the Holy Spirit saying to us about it? are we listening?. We really need to heed the promptings of the Spirit of God, be it about gambling ,drinking, the company we keep,the language we use, in other words we need to be led by the Spirit. The Christian life is not a wishing game, it is ,and should be , a life that is controlled by the Spirit of God, /so .. .. let the Holy Spirit guide [y]our lives.[Galatians 5 v16 nlt]. [Dear God help us not to be sucked into the worlds wishing game, but help us to be controlled and guided by Your Spirit in Jesus name . Amen ]

No comments: