verse of the day

Sunday 2 May 2010

Grace. [ Ephesians 2 v 8-9 av ]

The Bible tells us continually the importance of giving thanks, and just recently I found myself thinking about the grace of God, I am really grateful that I am saved by grace. I know this is something we are grateful for continually, but sometimes it becomes more meaningful, especially when we consider our failures. Yes we try to be consistant, try and try to be holy,but we inevitably fail, or even fall, and its then one realizes the importance of the Grace of God,we will always only ,be sinners saved by grace. The apostle Paul wrote, But by the grace of God I am what I am[1 Corinthians 15v10 ]. In the song by Gerrit Gustafson ,Only by grace can we enter,it ends with these words,/Lord, if You mark our transgressions, Who would stand? Thanks to Your grace we are cleansed,By the blood of the Lamb. [Dear God we praise You from the depths of our hearts for Your saving and keeping grace, in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: