verse of the day

Saturday 8 May 2010

Breaking and making.[ Jeremiah 18 v1-4 ]

I want to tell you something ,I am not perfect, well those who know me, are aware of this already, but then none of us are perfect. There is still much land to be conquered,so much dead wood to be cut off, as I think of my imperfections, I could so easily despair, sometimes I do, yet God is in the business of making us what we should be. When He saved us we were imperfect, we are still imperfect, but we are a work in progress, He is the potter we are the clay, [Jeremiah 18 v1-4/ Romans 9 v21].I read a poem by John Donne ,here is a verse from it,/ O Saviour, as Thou hangst upon the tree. I turn my back to recieve, Correction, till Thy mercies bid thee leave. O think me worth thine anger,punish me, Burn off my rusts, and my deformity, Restore Thine Image so much, by Thy grace./ One day that process will be complete, one day we will be like Him [1 John 3v2], no more rust or deformities.[ Father we bow before You, we acknowledge our many imperfections,grant us grace to accept , Your breaking and making,in these lives of ours, in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: