verse of the day

Sunday 9 May 2010

Feelings. [ Matthew 16v24 ]

I must confess I felt it hard to pray this morning,usually I dont struggle, but for whatever reason I did this morning. Here is the important thing ,I did not give into my feelings, I still prayed, it would be so easy to go down the road called feelings, to feel hatred and go with that, to feel that life is not fair,and of course often it is not. Our Saviour was not ruled by His feelings,nor should we be,the challenge of being a Christian, is so often the opposite of how we are feeling. Consider the words of our Saviour in Matthew 16v24/If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow Me /. We may not feel like doing what Jesus said, we may feel so far from what He said, we have a choice, we always have a choice, feelings or obedience, whats it going to be?.[ Dear God help us to not be ruled by our feelings, help us to press on in our walk with You, to realize afresh that it is the way of the cross that leads home, in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: