verse of the day

Thursday 11 March 2010

The word of God [1 Samuel 15 v22]

I was reading Gods word this morning when I felt a challenge from the passage I was reading, the question is am I going to respond to that challenge. I wonder if people avoid reading the word because it challenges them, in areas they dont want to be challenged. For the word of God is unique,it is a living word,faith comes through hearing this word[Romans 10v17], it will be a lamp unto our feet, and a light unto our path [Psalm 119v105], it is more precious than gold[ Psalm 119v127].But above all else it is to be obeyed,it is folly to just be a hearer of the word ,we must be doers,even though that obedience may be costly, obedience will bring us into the most secure,and safe place in all the world.[Matthew 7 v24-29 ][ Dear God help us to read Your word , help us to stop avoiding what You have to say to us from Your word, and above all else ,help us to obey Your word, in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: