verse of the day

Monday 1 March 2010

A new experience [Psalm 148 ]

I had to go into hospital last Wednesday to have my gall-bladder removed, the way it was put to me was, I would in and out on the same day, but it didnt work out like that.my stay in hospital lasted 3days and so I am recovering , I feel a bit out of sorts, but I have not expreienced any pain, although I do feel a bit of soreness. I am grateful that I live in a country , with a free health service,I just cant imagine what it would be like if we didnt have our NHS,it is not perfect, but it does work for most people, rich and poor alike. I am so conscious that we live in a world were so many have so little to live on, no health care, and are also being oppressed, today let us pray for the many in this world, who are poor and oppressed, who have no health service, no homes, no hope, and if we are fotunate to live in this country ,raise a prayer of thanksgiving for all we do have. [ Dear God we give you thanks for the blessings of life, but we also remember those who our not so blest in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: