verse of the day

Thursday 18 March 2010

A channel of blessing. [2 Timothy 2v21 ]

I was clearing the guttering at the front of my house,so the water could get away,and it reminded me of an old hymn, /Is your life a channel of blessing?/ I know like that guttering, my life can so easily accumulate those things that hinder me , and I cease to be a channel of blessing. Roots of bitterness,habits that control me,thought patterns that are self destructive, a refusing to move on, stubbornness of will,living by sight instead of living by faith,unforgiveness,meanness of spirit. These and so many other things are barriers and hindrances, to us being a channel of blessing. Let us ask ourselves the question, is our lives a channel of blessing?, and do we want to be a channel of blessing?.[ Dear Lord, make me a channel of blessing today, make me a channel of blessing I pray, my life possessing ,my service blessing, make me a channel of blessing today. Amen ]

1 comment:

robert said...

Great devotional. Thanks. It was the reference to Harper Smyth's hymn that caught my eye this morning. (Today is the 65th anniversary of his death.) If you'd like to know a bit more about him, I invite you to check out my daily hymn blog, Wordwise Hymns, for today.