verse of the day

Saturday 20 June 2009

When nothing is happening[ 1 Kings 19 v 1-18 ]

There are times when nothing appears to be happening, as I look at the church situation, nothing appears to be happening, then there are situations , things we pray about continually, and nothing appears to be happening.The invisible God really appears invisible, just silence, followed by silence. In this situation we can become like Thomas, who declared ,/unless I see, [ John 20 v25 ],I wont believe, I wont keep praying, I wont follow, I want to see answers, results,something, happening. I think of our Saviours words to Philip, / Have I been with you all this time[ John 14v 9 ],we are like Philip, we forget the things that have happened in our lives, we start leaning on our own understanding, we fall into the trap of living by sight, instead of by faith, and so we become discouraged, impatient, and loose sight of the fact that God is working His purposes out in our lives in the best possible way. Let us remember that God is working, when it appears He is not, let us not judge the Lord by our feeble senses, in His time He will reveal His purpose,so trust Him .[ Almighty God have mercy upon us, and grant us the grace we need , to trust You, when things dont appear to be happening, in Jesus name we ask this Amen ]

No comments: