verse of the day

Tuesday 2 June 2009

Changing me [ 1 Peter 1 v 6- 7 ]

Yesterday I spoke to a young lady, she shared with me the difficulties she was experiencing in her marriage, they were not immoral difficulties, but she was desperately looking for advice and help. What I did was listen and assure her of my prayers, my heart went out to her, from long experience I did not try to give any quick -fix answers. In my life I have met many well meaning Christians, who have done more harm than good in the area of helping others, I have listened to the all knowing Christian T V celebrities,read their books, and in the end , the problems has not been resolved. I am not saying problems cannot be resolved, but often they remain with us, and in them, God does a work in our lives, He creates Christian character, and that is more important than the healing we desire, or the resolving of that on going problem. It is Marilyn Baker, she is blind, who wrote,/ Jesus You are changing me,by Your Spirit You,re making me like You. Jesus You,re transforming me, that Your loveliness may be seen in all I do. You are the potter, I am the clay,help me to be willing to let You have You way/.[ Dear God grant unto us the grace of perseverance, the grace to hold on, and the grace to accept Your will for our lives in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: