verse of the day

Thursday 25 June 2009

Love one another. [1 John 3 v11-23 ]

I well remember all those years ago, when I was about to go to bible college a dear friend give me two things ,books, and a bike, the bike is long gone, but I still have the books. It was an act of kindness which I will always remember, till my dying day, Ive had many acts of kindness shown to me, by so many Christians. There are none so kind and thoughtful as the children of God, Christians are not perfect,but they can be kind and generous, and I thank God for them, I speak from a lifetime of experience. It is so easy to become critical of our fellow Christians, but today, stop and thank God for them, and as you have an opportunity show a kindness to them, do it out of love not duty. Our dear Saviour taught us to love one another, even as He loves us, He commands us to love one another,[John 15 v12/17 ], how did He love us, by dying for us, forgiving us, He continues to love us daily,in so many ways, let us follow His example. [Dear Lord Jesus we thank You for loving us in a million ways,help us to walk in Your footsteps, and to love others especially our fellow Christians. Amen ]

No comments: