verse of the day

Tuesday 10 March 2009

We are allowed to ask why.[ Habakkuk 1 v 12- 17 ]

It is said that the reformation opened up the way for us to be able to ask why, the church that then was ,would have put you to death for daring to ask, why, they even had their thought police. Last night I watched a movie,/ The boy in the striped pyjamas/, and after I had watched it I found myself asking God, why?, and I found myself going down into a dark abyss,as I sought answers.I opened my bible seeking for an answer, but not finding it, I then went to my bookshelf and got one of my favourite books, by A .W. Pink, called, The Sovereignty of God, I found a peace not so much in what I read, but simply in this vital truth, Gods sovereignty,the fact of the matter there will always be the whys in life, we can let them drive us into despair,unbelief,and so on, or we can simply look up to our sovereign God in faith, knowing that as for God His way is perfect, that His thoughts ,are not our thoughts, nor are His ways, our ways.[ Sovereiegn God we struggle at times as we look at so many things, we just cannot understand the whys in life, so by faith we look beyond our whys and just simple trust in Your perfect way and will , in Jesus name we pray this Amen ]

No comments: