verse of the day

Sunday 29 March 2009

Contentment [ Psalm 139 v 13 - 17 ]

There is a modern song which goes, /You can only be you, and I can only be me/, when I used to minister in song , some people would say ,I wish I could sing like you, I found it strange coming from a woman. We all at sometimes want to be like someone else, or even to be someone else, there are people who hate themselves, there are people who starve themselves to death, because they loath the person they see in the mirror. There is nothing wrong with trying to improve our image, but we should accept whom we are, God has made us everyone , He didnt make a mistake. Of course we all need Christ as our Saviour, because we are sinners, and we do need to be changed, and be like Him, but we are all unique, and there needs to be a contentment, and acceptance of this, so let us stop wishing , we were someone else. [God we give You thanks for making us whom we are,may Your Holy Spirit , grant unto us contentment, and may He help us to see that we are precious in Your eyes,in Jesus name we ask this Amen ]

No comments: