verse of the day

Saturday 28 March 2009

Letting go. [ Hebrews 12 v 1 - 2 ]

I have to let it go, although it has served me well for many years, but now it is causing me pain, I would like to let it stay, but I cant, I dont much like pain,I dont like that which hurts me, so even though I am attached to , I have made a decision.The decision I reached was to phone the dentist and make an appointment, to have my painful friend removed. There are so many things in life that we hold unto, things that cause us pain, the wrong kinds of friends, memories,habits, attitudes,our sins,and what we really need to do is to let go, to pray about it,committing it to God and then ,let it go, we have to stop making excuses, putting it off, we have to let go of those things that are damaging us.. If we are not saved then we have to let go of our unbelief, and simply trust the Saviour. If we are Christians we have to be obedient, and realize that God desires only the best for us, so today let go.[ Dear God help us to make a decision to let go of those things that we cling to even though they are causing us pain, we ask this in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: