verse of the day

Saturday 31 January 2009

Rock of ages [ Hebrews 7 v 25 ]

It was A M Toplady who wrote that old hymn, Rock of ages,and there is an other old hymn, Im not sure who wrote it ,and it goes like this, /Oh safe to the Rock that is higher than I, My soul in its conflicts and sorrows would fly/. These hymns express a desire for salvation ,safety, and security, who is this rock they wrote about?, Jesus [1 Corinthians 10 v 4] . Who else but Jesus can save us?, no one, only He can save, and keep us in this life, only He can comfort, strengthen, and keep us secure.Who are we looking to, to save us, to protect us,? , is it Jesus?, I hope so , Jesus never fails.Untold millions have found in Jesus all they need, He saves to the uttermost,He provides, protects,guides, and never leaves us, He trully is a Rock in a weary land./ How oft in the conflict, when pressed by the foe, I have fled to my Refuge and breathed out my woe, How often when trials like sea- billows roll, Have I hidden in Thee, O Thou Rock of my soul/. [ Rock of ages we come to You, for you and You alone can save, and bless us with all we stand in need of, Amen ]

No comments: