verse of the day

Thursday 29 January 2009

Where is love [ John 3 v16 ]

One of my favourite songs from the musical Oliver, is , /Where is love?,/ many people ask this question, as they experience pain, or as they observe lifes tragedies. There is within us all that desire to be loved, by our parents, friends,families, but so many feel unloved, and are crying out today ,where is love?. People ask the question, if God is love, why?,you can add your own answer to the why, so many people are judging God, because of evil, painful things that are happening in this world. Well it was Job who suffered tremendously, who said,/Surely I spoke things I did not understand, things to wonderful for me to know[42 v3 ], let us not charge God foolishly, I believe God is love. Where is love?, let us lift our eyes, from the gloom and doom, to the ultimate place of suffering the cross, and hear the one on that cross , saying I love you, I am dying for you because I love you, will you not trust Me? as your Saviour.Isaac Watts,wrote of Calvary love,/ Love so amazing, so divine, demands my soul , my life, my all.[ Father help us to see beyond the many obstacles that blind us from seeing , and embracing Your love for us in your Son Jesus, Amen ]

No comments: