verse of the day

Tuesday 6 January 2009

Them shoes. [ Exodus 20 v 3 ]

Yesterday I discovered I had over twenty pairs of shoes, bought over many years, so I threw some out , give some away, and kept the rest. I am reminded of the old spiritual which goes /all Gods children got shoes/, well I have anyway, but I am also reminded how easily it is to accumulate things, we dont mean to, but we do. Our Saviour taught that we should hold lightly to the things of this world,[Matthew 5v40 ] that it is more blessed to give than recieve. He also taught us to lay up treasures in Heaven, and reminded us that as my study Bible tells me, / What we treasure the most controls us, whether we admit it or not /[Matthew 6 v 19 -21 ]. So mybe today we need to take stock , and ask ourselves the question, what do we treasure the most?, and then threw some things out, give some things away, and yes keep some things. [Dear God, we confess that we to easily take our eyes of You, and let other things steal what is rightly yours, our love, forgive us, and help us, in Jesus name, Amen ]

No comments: