verse of the day

Monday 12 January 2009

You know better than I. [ Isaiah 55 v 8-9 ]

I heard a song yesterday on songs of praise, with the words,/You know better than I/,very meaningful ,easy to listen to, but not always easy to see it as we should. Take me ,when I went to Bible college, I thought I was training to be a missionary, and felt God was preparing me to work in Brazil, yet I ended up in as a minister of a small church in England.So many times our percieved goals , dont happen, and we struggle with that, in fact we can broaden the idea out further, in so many areas of life, it seems Gods ways are not our ways, whatever are situation, be glad and thankful, that Gods ways are not our ways. The words of that song are so true, God knows better than I, whatever our circumstances, whatever way we have been laid,Gods way is best, I see this more and more, as I look back in life, a life when I have experienced disappointments, sadness, frustrations,He really does know better than I, the Psalmist David wrote ,/ Gods way is perfect . Psalm 18 v 30 .[Dear God we confess that we struggle with many things, and we wonder if things could not have been different, help us today to see that You know best, help us to rest in Your perfect will, we ask this in Jesus name, Amen ]

No comments: