verse of the day

Thursday 8 January 2009

The Lord will provide. [ Genesis 22 v 14 ]

One of promises that has blessed me is , Genesis 22 v14/ The Lord will provide/, there was a four year period in my life, when my wife and I went to Bible college,we had three children, and we had no grant , no resources, all we had was the promises of God, that He would provide. Now I can assure you this was not easy, during that time we were tested, often the cupboard was literally bare, but God provided our needs.Now I want to say the usual way God provides is by us earning a living, what we did was not the norm, and I would not advise anyone to act foolishly, but what it highlights is the truth that God provides for His children.What is your need today? are you worrying? we all do, listen to the words of our Saviour,/Dont worry.....saying , What will we eat? What will we drink?, What will we wear?. These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your Heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God, above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need. [ Loving Heavenly Father we confess we become anxious at times ,forgive us, and help us ,yes help us ,to trust in Your care , and love, we ask this in Jesus name, Amen ]

No comments: