verse of the day

Monday 5 January 2009

I blew it [ Judges 7 ]

I was ministering last evening, singing and playing my guitar, when the words of the song I was singing escaped me, I did manage to carry on, and finish the song. After this I give a short word, ,I came away feeling it was not my best effort, but I remembered that I had asked God to take my weakness, He appears to be taking me at my word, He does . Weakness is not something we rejoice in , we glory in our strengths,yes God has given us strengths ,but he allows weakness to remain,in order that we keep relying on Him, and do not forget Him [ Read Deuteronomy 8 ]. We are no different than ancient Israel, we need our weaknesses ,in order that we will remain faithful to our Saviour, it was the apostle Paul who wrote,/I take pleasure in my weaknesses/ , why ?, because God told him,/ that His grace was all he needed, for His power worked best in weakness. [ 1 Corinthians 12v 9- 10 ] [Father we thank You for our strengths, but we also thank You for our weaknesses, those things we wish we didnt have, those weaknesses are Your ministering angles,they are there for a good purpose, a loving purpose, we ask that we may experience Your all sufficent grace, so that we may glorify you in our weaknesses, we ask this in the name and for the sake of our Lord Jesus. Amen ]

No comments: