verse of the day

Tuesday 13 January 2009

God is generous [ Matthew 18 v21- 35 ]

When it comes to describing Gods faithfulness,,the writer of scriptures tells us ,he declares, Great is Thy faithfulness[ Lamentation 3 v 23], and when it comes to answering our prayers we are told , He does exceeding abundantly above all we ask or think, [Ephesiana 3 v20 ]. When Solomon asked for wisdom, God promised to also give him , riches and honour also,[ 1 Kings 3 v13 ]. God is generous, I have more than I need, I am also conscious that I am meant to be like my loving heavenly Father, as He has blessed me so I must bless others, as I have been forgiven so I must show a generosity in forgiving others. The mark of a Christian should be a generous spirit , those who hoard Gods riches, are the poorer for it, and their Lord is not pleased. [ Matthew 25 v 24 - 30 ]. [Father in Heaven we thank You for all the blessings upon our lives , help us to be more like You, grant unto us a generous spirit, we ask this in Jesus name, Amen ]

No comments: