verse of the day

Sunday 1 February 2009

Success [Matthew 5 v 1- 12 ]

Perfect health, money in the bank,a perfect marriage, with perfect children, and a perfect job, holidays every year, that is success, and of course it all comes about because you give a tenth of your earnings. Now let me say this, God does bless His children, I am very blessed, I do have a good job , I do enjoy holidays every year, I have been blessed with 5 sons , and many grandchildren, I have a nice home, we have two cars,but I dont have perfect health, nor do I have a perfect marriage.It would appear that for most of us ,life is a mixture ,and for many dear Christians, they have a lot to cope with, unemployment, poverty, persecution, mental illness. Life is not about everything being perfect, I am struck with the words in Hebrews 11v36-37, regarding those saints who suffered greatly, it says,/ Of whom the world was not worthy/. Gods ways are not the worlds ways, Gods values are not the worlds values, consider, the most successful person who ever lived died on a cross. [Dear God thank You for everything that You bring into our lives, the painless things, and the painful things, in Jesus name we pray this Amen ]

No comments: