verse of the day

Tuesday 17 February 2009

Simply trusting. [Matthew 6 v25-34 ]

I was sitting at my desk at work yesterday, and I was thinking about a problem,related to work, so I offered up a prayer about it,as soon as I had prayed the answer came.I am becoming more conscious of God looking after me, the words ,dont worry,come into my head more and more.I am not saying I have conquered the worry thing completly, but hopefully I am making progress, in trusting God.Is worry a sin? I am not sure, but one thing for sure, worry is something we all do. I am sure we dont need to be ruled by worry, the challenge is for us to believe what our Saviour tells us in Matthew 6 v 25 -34, there the emphasises is on trusting our heavenly Father to look after us. An old Gospel hymn goes, /Whenever I am tempted, Whenever clouds arise, When song gives place to sighing, When hope within me dies, I draw the closer to Him, From care He sets me free. His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He cares for me/, let us all do that today. [ Loving Heavenly Father we ask for your forgivness for worrying, help us today to simply trust You in every situation, in Jesus name we ask this Amen ]

No comments: