verse of the day

Monday 23 February 2009

An old friend. [ Mark 4 v 36- 41 ]

I have just come into contact with an old friend, a song by Bill Gaither, /Joy comes in the morning/, all through my Christian life , songs have blessed me, touched me, encouraged me. Songs to me are like old friends, they speak to us, remain with us, all our lives,they bring back memories of past joys, and struggles, such is that song, /Joy in the morning/, it is based on the words of Psalm 30 v 5[ A V]. The words are this,/ Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning/, these are words of hope, to any who are experiencing trials, that the trials will pass. Some trials bring us to tears,some experiences can be heart breaking, we feel crushed,it is then when in our deep trials, the words come, /Joy comes in the morning/,lets us by faith take hold of these precious words, and hope.[ Dear God we thank You for those songs in the night that You give us, some times the night is very dark, never ending, we ask for the grace to hold on , until joy comes in the morning, the morning of Your deliverance, in Jesus name we ask this, Amen ] [ Listen to that song on my playlist ]

No comments: