verse of the day

Wednesday 25 February 2009

Be in time.[ John 3 v16 ]

Mybe it is my age but the days and weeks are passing so quickly,it will soon be Christmas again, and I will soon be 65. The Word of God writes of the brevity of life, and the uncertainty of life, [Psalm 90 v 10 ], and the importance of seeking the Lord now, [ Isaiah 55 v 6].The story is told of a wise man who spoke to a young person, and asked him, what were his plans,the young man replied, I am going to school and get a good education, the man asked ,what then?, the boy replied, I will then get a good job, what then ,asked the man?, I hope to marry and have a family, what then ,asked the man?, I suppose I will retire, what then ,asked the man?, I suppose I will die said the young man , what then ,asked the man?. In Hebrews 9 v27, we read that it is appointed unto men once to die, and after that the judgment,the point I am seeking to make is this, be in time. An old Gospel hymn goes,/ Be in time.... Be in time. While the voice of Jesus calls you be in time. If in sin you longer wait,you may find no open gate,. And your cry be just to late , be in time/.[ Dear God thank You for your patience with us, help us to appreciate the importance of seeking Jesus as our Saviour now, we ask this in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: