verse of the day

Wednesday 11 February 2009

Promises [Joshua 24 v45 ]

On the British currency we have the words, /I promise to pay the bearer the sum of...... signed Andrew Baily chief cashier/. Making a promise and keeping that promise should be one and the same thing, but it is not always the same thing. It would be nice to say that I have always kept my promises, but the fact of the matter is, I have not,there are different reasons why we dont keep our promises. When it comes to God we are told, He cannot lie ,[ Titus 1v 2 ] and He always will fulfill His promises, in 2 Peter 1 v4 we are told that we have been given exceeding great and precious promises. I am reminded of an old hymn, which goes,/ Standing on the promises of Christ my King. Standing on the promises that cannot fail/,in an uncertain world we can totally rely on the promises of God, be it for salvation, provision , protection,and guidance, what God has promised He will do. [Father we thank You for those promises in your word, promises which You will always keep,help us to stand on them, in Jesus name we ask this, Amen ]

No comments: