verse of the day

Tuesday 19 August 2008

Yearning [Matthew 11 v 28-30 ]

Mankind appears to me to be driven , there is something in them, we reach for the stars, we do the lottery, no matter how much we know, we want to know more. Mankind appears to have a want in them, a want that never appears to be satisfied, what is that want?. It is in the book of Ecclesiastes 3 v11, we read these telling words, He [ God ] has planted eternity in the human heart, my study Bible points out, that this means, we can never be completely satisfied with earthly pleasures and pursuits. Because we are created in Gods image,we have a spiritual thirst, [2] we have eternal value,and [3] nothing but the eternal God can trully satisfy us. So mankind keeps searching , unfortunately in the wrong place , and for the wrong things. In John 7 v37 our Saviour says, Anyone who is thirsty may come unto me, there is an old hymn which reads, / I sighed for rest and happiness, I yearned for them, not Thee [Jesus ],But while I passed my Saviour by, His love laid hold on me, Now none but Christ can satisfy, None other name for me, Theres love , and life, and lasting joys , Lord Jesus , found in Thee. [Father we thank You that in your son Jesus we have the answer to the want in us, Amen ]

No comments: