verse of the day

Friday 15 August 2008

Home-sick [ Philippians 1 v20 -24 ]

Although I am an Northern Irish person , and living in my adopted country, England, I dont often feel home-sick, I believe I am were I am in Gods purpose. Having that sense of being were God has placed me ,gives me a real sense of peace and contentment, but sometimes I do feel home-sick , for Heaven, you see for the Christian we are citizens of Heaven, this is not escapism, it is borne out a relationship with Jesus, because of this relationship, I am a foreigner and a nomad , and am looking for my heavenly home[ Hebrews 11v 13-16 ] Here is the words of a poem, [Think of stepping on shore and finding it Heaven/ Of taking hold of a hand, and finding it Gods hand,/ Of breathing new air and finding it celestial air, of feeling invgorated, and finding it immortality/ Of passing from storm and tempest, to an unknown calm/ Of waking up and finding it Home. [ Father help us to live for You each day, keep us safe in your love , and help us never to loose sight of our Heavenly home , we ask this in Jesus name, Amen ]

No comments: