verse of the day

Sunday 17 August 2008

Faith / Prayer [ Matthew 17 v 20 ]

There are two men whom I admire , they are both in the glory, I never met them but I have read their lives, they are called, Hudson Taylor, and George Mullier. God used one in China, the other was used in establishing orphanage work, in Bristol, they both were men of faith , and prayer. They saw God answer prayer in the most remarkable ways, particulary in relation to finance, they never made appeals for money, by faith they prayed, and God answered. I would not say it is wrong to make an appeal for funds, or to ask someone to help you financially, but I believe we must be careful not to exploit the vunerable, better to go without than to do that. From a personal point of view I believe the examples of these two men, and the faith they had, and the answers to prayer they had ,can be a challenge to all of us to pray believing that God will answer our prayers. [Father we ask that you would help us to pray believing, to have faith in You, we ask this in Jesus name , Amen .]

No comments: