verse of the day

Wednesday 26 July 2023

The devil. ( 1 John 3 v 8 )

  He told me a lie,so said my friend about her brother,it has upset her, she is wondering why he did it. I  remember when I was young ,my friend denied that he been dinking the milk from the fridge,but alas he had ,as one could see a milky ring around his mouth.My mother use to say you cannot trust a liar,and of course it is true you cannot trust a liar.I wonder do you realize that all the trouble and evil we have in the world began when someone believed a lie. The one who told the lie was the devil,our dear Saviour  ( John 8 v 44) called him the father of lies,those words were spoken to very religious people.It all began at the very beginning of creation,Eve our first mother, chose to believe a lie and disobeyed God ( Genesis 3 ) ,and so sin entered the world ( Romans 5 v12 ),A great divide came into being,and as dear C Swindoll points out,'The universe  is sharply divided between light and dark, truth and lie, the kingdom of  God and the world'. The devil continues to cause havoc by his lies,consider the false religions,lies from hell,he blinds multitudes,with false promises (Matthew 4 v 8 ),gives people false hope.. But I will leave you with words from  James 4 v7.

                                                     'Submit  yourselves, then, to God. 

                                                      Resist the devil, and he will flee

                                                      from you'


                                           

No comments: