verse of the day

Monday 24 July 2023

Be ready ( 2 Peter 3 v 1 - 14 )

 A number of years ago I felt the Lord told me that I had so many years to live,I  told a few people,and it didn't happen,yes I'm by my sell by date. It's a bit like the Lord's coming we know He is coming , and like I did,there are those who have made forecast when He is coming.and of course it hasn't happened.The JWs have done it a number of times,instead of admitting they got it wrong they waffled round it,but that's the cults for you. Our Lord said in Acts 1 v 7, 'It is not for you to  know the times or dates the Father  has set for His own authority.In Matthew 25 13, our Lord said ,Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.' In Deuteronomy 29 v29,we read,'The secret things belong unto the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us'. So only God knows,it is His secret,people  still try to figure it out,and they say all sorts things,to  have us believe ,he is coming soon ,they point to certain signs.No let us not become members of the curiosity club. but let us take to heart the words of our Lord,'Be ready ' , ( Matthew  24 v 44) I apply those words in a two fold way,(1 ) If your are not a Christian you are going to die,the most important I would say to you,'Be ready',trust Jesus as your Saviour. (2 )For us who are  Christians live in the light of Christs coming,'Be ready'.

No comments: