verse of the day

Sunday 16 July 2023

I am the bread of life. ( John 6 v 35)

 ,'Recently my wife and I were out with friends from  the church,and I asked a lady sitting beside me,'' Do you like cats?'',she replied no.But later it turned out she thought I said ''do you eat cats?,that made me  laugh.We all have things we like  and what we don't like, I would not like to eat a cat or a dog,but I do like  a lot of things,though I still have problems eating certain vegetables, but I do ,for I know that they are good for me. One food I really like is bread, soda bread,wheaten bread.bread is known as the staff of life,meaning one of the most important foods we eat.In John 6 our Lord performed a wonderful miracle,in which he fed thousands with a few loves and a few fish.When Jesus moved on,by crossing a lake to Capernaum, the crowds followed Him,it was then that our Saviour made clear the meaning behind the miracle.In the gospel of John the miracles that  our Saviour performed ,are seen as signs (6 v 14).The crowds only saw this miracle being like a local food bank, or like the miracle of the manna in the wilderness.( ( 6 v 31) Our Saviour points them to the greater truth,v 35 reads ,' Then Jesus declared whoever comes to me will never go hungry,and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.'In other words He will meet the deepest need of the human heart, but not only that, those who ate the manna in the wilderness died,but when you trust Jesus you will live forever (v 51. / 11v 25)

                                                    'Jesus says, come and dine'

No comments: