verse of the day

Wednesday 5 July 2023

Our greatest need.( Isaiah 41 v 10)

 As Moses was the chosen one given the responsibility in leading Israel to the promised land, God says these tremendous words to him,' My Presence will go with you,and I will give you rest'.in Matthew 28 v20 ,our Saviour said to the disciples and to us, 'I am with you always ,to the very end of the age'. These words grant to each of God's children a wonderful comfort,as we face each day  He will be with us 24/7,fifty two weeks of the year.Whatever trial you may be facing, He will be with you,whatever task you are faced with He will be with you,Let not feelings rule our lives,by faith take hold of this wonderful promise,I recently found myself singing part of a hymn by Annie Hawkes, it is a prayer

                                           'I need Thee every hour,most gracious Lord;

                                           No tender voice like Thine, can peace afford.

                                           I need Thee every hour,stay Thou near by;

                                           Temptations lose their power,when Thou art nigh.

                                            I need Thee every hour,In joy or pain;

                                            Come quickly and abide,or life is vain.

                                            I need Thee every hour, teach me Thy will;

                                            And in Thy rich promises,in me fulfil.

                                                                Chorus

                                                 I need Thee, oh, I need Thee'

                                                 Every hour I need Thee;

                                                 Oh, bless me now my Saviour,

                                                 I come to Thee! 

                                     


                                               

No comments: