verse of the day

Monday 31 July 2023

The bigger picture. ( Habakkuk 3 v 17 -19

I remember when TV's had very small screens,my what a change has taken place, I also remember when movies were made  in  cinemascope, a very wide screen,not so long ago I went to see a movie and it had a massive screen.I must confess the bigger screen is better, or the bigger picture is better. Life is so often like a small screen, events happen to us disappointments, and so on,although these things can be major , we often do not see the bigger picture . I am aged 79 many things have happened in my life and so often  I didn't understand why ,but now looking back at the bigger picture, I can see God's providence in his protective care, and in so many ways,and am assured that He is working out  all things for my good. I can truly say ,great has been His faithfulness .Of course there are still mysteries , I have to bow in humility and simple trust Him, whose ways are pass finding out (Romans 11 v 33),yet holding on to the truth of Romans 8 v28,that all things are working together for  good for all God's children.God only knows the bigger picture, one day we shall know,and on that day,

                                                 ' We'll bless the hand that guided,

                                                   We'll bless the heart that planned,

                                                   When throned where Glory dwelleth

                                                    In Immanuel's land'.

                                                         Words A.R.Cousin.

No comments: