verse of the day

Friday 28 July 2023

Hell is not a laughing matter. ( John 3 v16

 I want to  borrow two stories I read in a book by ,' Dale Ralph Davis','Two famous preachers were talking,their names were Andrew Bonar and Robert Murry M' Cheyne, M'Cheyne asked Bonar what text he had preached on the previous Lord's Day, Bonar said,'' The wicked shall be turned into hell''( Ps 9 v17). on ' hearing that awful text, M'Cheyne asked,'were you able to preach it with tenderness?'. I read the following by someone who said,'That the righteous will laugh when the wicked are turned into hell',I think that is most awful thing anyone could say.Hell is no laughing matter, and anyone who thinks it is,is sadly wrong.I witnessed to many people,preached to many people and told them about hell, it was always with great sadness, That great minister George Whitefield said this,' You blame me for weeping, but how can I help it when you will not weep for yourselves, though your immortal souls are on the verge of destruction, and for all you know,  you are hearing your last sermon, and you  may never more have the opportunity to have Christ offered to you'.

                                                       'Where will you spend eternity?'

No comments: