verse of the day

Friday 14 July 2023

Christ will remain. ( 1 Kings 19 v 14/18 }

When the communist took over China,all missionaries had to leave,but the good news is the church did not die.Our Lord said I will build my church, and He is doing just that ,in spite of  Christians being persecuted. I read of a certain place were some Christians took up residence,they built houses ,planted crops,and prospered,they also witnessed to the people and many came to know the Lord.But the non-Christians did not like that,as it was having an affect as regards the witch doctors powers,plus other things. So the authorities told the Christians they would have to leave.The Christian leader said this,'we will leave , but Christ will remain'.At this time I think of  dear Afghanistan where the Taliban have taken over,many Christians have had to flee as being ex-Muslims they would be put to death.So that's it? no,I  believe Christ is still there.The prophet Elijah lived at a time when the true followers of God were under attack,Elijah cried unto God,' I have been very zealous for the Lord God Almighty,. The Israelites have rejected your covenant,torn down your altars,and put your prophets to death with the sword. I am the only one left,and now they are trying to kill me'.But God replied,' Yet I have reserved seven thousand in Israel,all whose knees have not bowed to  Baal, and every mouth that has not kissed him' ( 1 Kings 19 v 14 /18)

                                           'In times of the greatest degeneracy and apostasy

                                           God has always had, and will have, a faithful remnant.

                                                                Matthew Henry

No comments: