verse of the day

Wednesday 1 March 2023

Eddie. ( Titus 3 v 4 - 8 )

 I was staying in a hotel ,and encountered a man called Eddie,we were both in the restaurant for breakfast,and I had a brief conversation with him.He was older than me,and he said he came originally from Ireland.I cant remember how I did it but I managed to witness to him of my assurance of going to heaven ,his response was,he hoped he would.So I pointed out that because of Christs finished work we can be sure,I assume he was a Roman Catholic,their salvation involves their good works,whereas the scriptures teach,it is by faith alone we are saved.(Ephesians 2v 8-9).Our works no matter how good they are  cannot erase sin, only Christs work on the cross,effectively deals with sin.So that was it,a brief encounter,one can only pray that it spoke to him,and he will put his faith in Christ and His finished work on the cross.

                                                      'Not the labour of my hands

                                                       Can fulfil Thy laws demands;

                                                       Could my zeal no respite know,

                                                       Could my tears for flow,

                                                        All for sin could not atone;

                                                        Thou must save and Thy alone.

                                                        Nothing in my hands I bring,

                                                         Simply to Thy cross I cling.

                                                              Augustus M. Toplady

No comments: