verse of the day

Friday 10 March 2023

He cares. ( 1 Peter 5 v7)

In Mark 4 v 35-43 we read that Jesus and the disciples were in a boat ,when a severe storm came up ,the boat was nearly swamped. Jesus was asleep in the stern of the boat.and it appeared to them that He didn't care,so they woke Him and said just that,' Teacher , don't you care if we drown?. With that He got up and stilled the storm, and challenged them as regards their lack of faith.We are not so different from those early disciples, in our troubles we may think even though we don't say it,why is He not helping? ,why,oh why?,does He not care?.I want to leave with you the words of a song written by F,E.Graeff.

                                            Does Jesus care when my heart is pained

                                            Too deeply for mirth or song,

                                            And the way grows weary and long?

                                             Does Jesus care when my way is dark

                                             With a nameless dread and fear?

                                             As the daylight fades into deep night shades,

                                             Does He care enough to be near?

                                             Does Jesus care when I've tried and failed

                                             To resist some temptation strong;

                                             When  for my deep grief there is no relief,

                                              Though my tears flow all the night long?

                                              Oh, yes , He cares,I know He cares,

                                               His heart is touched with my grief;

                                               When the days are weary, the long nights dreary,

                                                I know my Saviour cares.'


No comments: