verse of the day

Saturday 18 March 2023

Divine protection ( Psalm 121 )

 My wife and I were going to visit her brother in hospital , and I was driving,I was about to change lanes,I looked in my mirror and felt it was safe,so I signaled,and just went to go into the other lane,a van came at high speed, fortunately,I caught a glimpse of it, and managed to pull back into my own lane,  I missed it by a hair's breadth. Here we have another example of divine protection, God watches over his children,I have had accidents ,but God preserved me from hurt,as a little boy I was saved from drowning.We see wonderful examples of Gods protection in the life of  David,from King Saul's murderous intentions,from wild animal's,from his son Absalom,and from his enemies the Philistines.God will use different means to protect us,but as  Dale Ralph Davis writes,'''salvation is from the Lord. Jonah 2 v9  (NASB).The means of deliverance must never eclipse the source of deliverance,and sometimes the Deliverer makes that point   abundantly obvious'.

No comments: