verse of the day

Tuesday 14 March 2023

Father God. ( Matthew 6 v 9 )

 I was talking to my son John, and I said to him, I was never a perfect father,he replied I know,and I said,are there any perfect fathers?,and he replied,yes, in heaven. Yes that's true.our heavenly Father, that is a lovely thought, for He truly is a lovely Father. There are many absentee fathers in these days,of course there are those who belong to a certain church and they take the title father upon themselves ,and many have brought disgrace upon the name father. As a father I always appreciate being called dad or father,but not by my first name,it does not seem respectable to me.So it is when we speak to God we do not  address Him  any old way,there should always be that sense of reverence, of deep respect.We know that God is not male nor female although the Son became human,yet before time began ,when we did not exist,there is no question of gender.But in order to relate to us ,He choose to be know as Father,Son,and Holy Spirit. I mention this because there are those Christian who want to change those terms into what they would call gender neutral.It is a dangerous step to take,because it  deviates from the biblical revelation,and anything that deviates from scripture is wrong. We will continue this next time.

No comments: