verse of the day

Sunday 19 March 2023

Music. ( Romans 1 v 16 )

Lenin once said that he refused to listen  to Beethoven because the music  made him want to pat children on the head., all I can say to that,I wish both him and his friend Stalin would have listened to Beethoven.For they were both sorry evil specimens of humanity and were guilty of the death of millions of people. We read that the Lord afflicted King Saul with an tormenting spirit that filled him with depression and fear.(1 Samuel 16 v 14). So they heard that David was a musician so they brought him to Saul to  play to him and when he played, the tormenting spirit would leave him. I supposed we have all been soothed by a lovely peace of music.There is a saying that goes,'Music hath charms to sooth the savage beast'.It may have power to sooth ,but it did not change Saul,in fact he became worse,and became paranoid as regards David,and continually sought to kill him.Music cannot change the fallen nature of man,only Christ can do that.

                                           ' For all things were changed when He found me
                                            A new day awoke all around me;
                                            For I met the Master,now I belong to Him.
                                                         Words Mosie Lister.

No comments: