verse of the day

Friday 17 March 2023

Be faithful ( 1Corinthians 3 v 5 - 8 )

If one looks at the prophets  and how difficult their mission was ,I think of Isaiah,Jeremiah, how hard it was for them, so few responded to their ministry.I have been following the Lord for 59yrs ,for most of that time I have prayed daily for my parents,brothers/ sisters ,relatives,and so many other people,for their salvation,and with the exception of one aunt, I have no evidence that any have been saved.I have witnessed and prayed for  many ,many people during my life time,and yet so few to my knowledge have trusted the Saviour. It some ways it is heartbreaking,has it all been in vain?,should I stop praying witnessing,whats the point? Again thinking of the prophets, how fruitless their ministry was ,was it all in vain?.I consider my Saviours words as He looked over Jerusalem and uttered those tragic words in Matthew 23 v37, Jerusalem, Jerusalem ,you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you,how often I have longed to gather your children together,as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, you were not willing''. Ezekiel  was told to speak Gods's word to his fellow Israelites, 'whether they listen or fail to listen' (Ez 2 v7) That is my task, to witness, yes and to pray,and leave it in God's hands, we are told our labour is not in vain in the Lord ( 1 Corinthians 15 v 54)  .I will add this ,my five lads have all trusted the Saviour, and two of them are in Christian ministries,and a number of my grandchildren have also. trusted Christ.
                                                                     'Be faithful'.

No comments: